I suggest you ...

Windows version

I love this on my iPad and iPhone, but unfortunately I'm still forced to use Windows at work. Currently I'm doing calculation documentation with Mathcad, which works well but is way too expensive for what it does, and it doesn't output in plain text. This looks like a perfect replacement. If only it were for Windows! (This might require some syncing solution besides iCloud - perhaps Dropbox?)

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Grant BuellGrant Buell shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Grant BuellGrant Buell commented  · 

Never mind, looks like you're already working on that!

• Grant BuellGrant Buell commented  · 

Hooray! Thanks so much. Are there any plans to add a way to automatically sync Windows Calca files with the iOS apps? (The best way I could think of would be to add Dropbox support to the iOS version.) Again, thanks a bunch. Already purchased.

• NCNC commented  · 

Great! Thank you.

• Stefano F. RauschStefano F. Rausch commented  · 

Nice!

According to the description, it is a single executable with no need of installation. If I do understand it correctly, it is portable per se, right? One just needs the .NET 3.5 framework running on the host.

Please do confirm and I"ll get my copy :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please could you make it portable -- like Sublime Text's offering?

• David KornDavid Korn commented  · 

I would be ecstatic if Calca could come to Windows as a plug-in for Sublime Text. I *really* want to use Calca's power on Windows, and yet I really don't need another stand alone text editor. I'm also going to miss the power features of Sublime when I'm in Calca. Perhaps a Calca license could ship with a plug-in version? (I for one would pay more for just a Calca plug-in than I would for just Calca stand alone.)

• Bob ArmourBob Armour commented  · 

+1 for the windows version - Calca seems very cool & useful

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Can't wait for a Windows Version.

• Steven ElliottSteven Elliott commented  · 

I agree with this! I spend my days doing quantitative type things, I make heavy use of .NET, R, Python, Excel, SQL, etc. and I use Calca on my iPad. It would be phenomenal to get this functionality on my Windows PC at work. I'd even be willing to contribute or help out if need be in any way I can.

• Anonymous CowardAnonymous Coward commented  · 

I noticed calca seems to use .NET/mono, so this should be very doable. Right?

Feedback and Knowledge Base